Thursday, June 22, 2006

Live from Colorado

Ok, well, this is the first installment in what will probably end up being many in the next few weeks - pics from my beautiful trip to Colorado. Did I mention I'm in Colorado? Did I say anything about how stoked I am about that??

Yesterday my parents and I woke up in Denver, rented a car, and took an awesome detour and ended up in Vail by 10pm. It was an amazing drive, for which I provided a soundtrack consisting of Rich Mullins, Bruce Hornsby, Regina Carter, Watermark, Delirious, and Iona. Good day. Take a look:





First stop was Fort Collins, about an hour north of Denver. We checked out New Belgium, which was very cool. Here's one portion of the huge and intricate tile art you'll find there - I like that she's on a boat, and playing a guitar, and that there's a boy next to her. :) (Other pictures and information about New Belgium available upon request...yum.)

We drove through Loveland (southwest of Ft. Collins) and stopped at a Runza (I heard angels singing when I saw that green and yellow sign... www.runza.com) where we enjoyed a meal like no other. I grew up a block from a Runza, and I miss it. :( Anyway, we decided at that point to head to Estes Park, since I don't ever remember being there. Nice little two lane all the way...we drove behind a red PT Cruiser with Nebraska plates. GO HUSKERS!!




Estes Park is on the Northeast side of Rocky Mountain National Park. We decided that since we had no time constraints, we'd go ahead and pay the $20 to drive along Trail Ridge Road through the park, and down the west side of the park. I was thinking that was a lot for a drive across the park, but I didn't realize what Trail Ridge Road is. Gorgeous. Winding, long, full of photo ops!

No comments: