Thursday, June 22, 2006

Talk about expectation.

One addition to the previous post:

Check out John 1. Here's the guy who is spending his life proclaiming the coming Messiah. He's doing his thing, baptizing, and fielding questions/accusations about his mental health, his own ideas... "I'm not the guy - I'm not even worthy to untie his sandals." And then in verse 29: "The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, 'Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!' " Can you imagine the kind of joy this must have awakened in John? To think that his whole life had been pointing to this moment, and then there it was - the revelation of the Messiah. Jesus. His Jesus. Incredible. I would love to have seen his face.

I really like the idea of Jesus walking towards me.

No comments: