Monday, March 27, 2006

Sudoku

Do you Sudoku? I do. I bought a small green book full of the addictive puzzle at the airport last fall, just before they became all the rage. I have always enjoyed a good logic puzzle. And they do get easier the more you do them...but who cares about any of that.

What I do find interesting is the way in which I do them. I like the way they look before any mark has been made on the page - all clean and fresh. And I love beginning them. I don't, however, feel the need to stay glued to one until it is done. I just like to start them. Later, I enjoy finishing them, and starting a new one. That's the way I do sudoku - I finish one, start the next and go on with my life. Is that weird? Does anyone else do that?

It seems to say something about me - I like to start things and not finish them. The story of my life, I am ashamed to admit. Or maybe it's that I like to finish something and go on to the next. I don't know.

Maybe it's just a stupid puzzle, there to suck my free time out of my days. I have to keep going, though, until that little green book is done. Halfway there. And then I can go start a new one.

No comments: