Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What to do.

"Early to bed, early to rise..." Bleah.

I can't figure out how to get back on the horse of being on time for work. In fact, I'm not sure I ever have achieved true progress in this area - just a few mornings of accidental punctuality. I am who I am. But why am I late?

I remember missing the bus in 7th grade. I remember my Dad, fuming, racing me to school. I remember that I had to go to detention for being tardy to first period 7 times in one semester. Apparently, I've got a long-standing issue here.

I've said it stems from my having "no concept of time." I really don't estimate how long things will take with any accuracy at all. "I'll be there in 20 minutes." Why do I even SAY things like this, when I know I'm going to be wrong? I'll inevitably look at the clock, and think, "Oh, I've still got time to...just one last..." Ugh.

I'm a mess. Other than deliverance from the Spirit of Late, how can I make real and lasting change when it comes to being on time for things? And WHY is it so hard for me?

Please, feel free to offer any insight or motivation. This is like pulling out my own teeth.

1 comment:

Maran said...

I've been on time, 2 days in a row. :)